Freedom Co-Parenting- Basic
Who should take this class?
- High conflict divorced co-parents
- Newly separated or divorced co-parents
- Long-time co-parents who are stuck in a difficult dynamic
What will I learn?
- That your co-parent does not have control over you life and your happiness.
- What children need and how to develop strong connected relationships with them.
- To use mindfulness to manage the difficult emotions of co-parenting.
- To understand emotional triggers and reactions so you can control them.
- To find joy and peace in your life!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to take this with my co-parent?
NO! This is a class that you take alone. You’re co-parent does not have to take the class for things to improve. A big part of what makes co-parenting challenging is that we look to our co-parents to change in order to make things better. But expecting a co-parent to change is an exercise in complete frustration, as you probably already know. This class teaches you how to change the situation for the better no matter what your co-parent does.
How long will it take me to complete this class?
This class is based on my in-person class curriculum which is 16 hours of class/homework time. There are several hours of videos/audios included, as well as readings. The amount of time it takes you to complete the class depends on how fast you read, and how quickly you absorb information. It takes most people 6-12 hours to complete the class.
Are there tests or quizzes?
No, not in Freedom Co-Parenting: Basic.
Will I receive a Certificate of Completion?
No. If you need a certificate of completion for court, you should enroll in Freedom Co-Parenting: Court-Ordered. Some people are not currently court-ordered to take a class, but want a certificate in case they need it down the road. If that is the case, it is strongly suggested that you sign up for the Freedom Co-Parenting: Court-Ordered.
What if I’m having technical difficulties?
The class is very user-friendly, but if you are having trouble, I am here to help! Simply contact me and I will get back to you quickly.
How is this class structured?
This is a SELF-PACED class. Once you register, you are given access to the class and you move through it at your convenience.
The class is a combination of engaging videos and readings. Organized into the following eight lessons:
- Welcome and Introduction
- What Do You Really Want and How Do You Create It?
- What Do Children Need? What’s It Like to be a Child of Divorce?
- What is Emotional Reactivity and How Does Diminish Your Power?
- Mindfulness- A Powerful Tool for Working with Emotional Reactivity
- Learning to Act from your “Smart Brain” not your “Dumb Brain”
- Understanding Why Our Co-Parents Behave the Way They Do
- Now What? Living Our Lives to Benefit our Children
Questions? Don’t hesitate to call me! (916) 933 5011. I’m friendly!