Freedom Co-Parenting: Court Ordered* Online
*Formerly called “Finding Power and Wisdom in Difficult Divorced Co-Parenting”
Who should take this class?
- A co-parent who has a court-order to take a co-parenting class.
- A co-parent who has been ordered to take a high conflict co-parenting class.
- A co-parent who has been ordered to take a class that is 16 hours or less.
- A co-parent who hasn’t been court-ordered, but wants a certificate of completion that they can potentially use later.
Things to consider:
- Some courts have specific classes they mandate. Make sure you know if that is the case in your county.
- Some courts have lists of classes they accept. If your county has an approved class list, and this class isn’t on it, contact me at 916-933-5011 and I will intervene for you.
- Sometimes a court-order is for in-person classes only. Read your court order carefully.
What will I learn?
- That your co-parent does not have control over you life and your happiness.
- What children need and how to develop strong connected relationships with them.
- To use mindfulness to manage the difficult emotions of co-parenting.
- To understand emotional triggers and reactions so you can control them.
- To find joy and peace in your life!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to take this with my co-parent?
NO! This is a class that you take alone. You’re co-parent does not have to take the class for things to improve. A big part of what makes co-parenting challenging is that we look to our co-parents to change in order to make things better. But expecting a co-parent to change is an exercise in complete frustration, as you probably already know. This class teaches you how to change the situation for the better no matter what your co-parent does.
How long will it take me to complete this class?
This class is based on my in-person class curriculum which is 16 hours of class/homework time. There are several hours of videos/audios included, as well as readings. The amount of time it takes you to complete the class depends on how fast you read, and how quickly you absorb information. It takes most people 6-12 hours to complete the class.
Is there a test?
There are quizzes at the end of most lessons. The quizzes consist of ten questions which will be very easy to answer if you’ve watched the videos and read the readings. You can retake the quizzes if you don’t pass.
How do I get my Certificate of Completion?
When you complete the class, you simply click on the Certificate button and you will be provided with a PDF version of the certificate that you can download and print out for court.
What if I’m having technical difficulties?
The class is very user-friendly, but if you are having trouble, we are here to help! Simply contact us and we’ll get back to you quickly.
How is this class structured?
This is a SELF-PACED class. Once you register, you are given access to the class and you move through it at your convenience.
The class is a combination of engaging videos and readings. Organized into the following eight lessons:
- Welcome and Introduction
- What Do You Really Want and How Do You Create It?
- What Do Children Need? What’s It Like to be a Child of Divorce?
- What is Emotional Reactivity and How Does Diminish Your Power?
- Mindfulness- A Powerful Tool for Working with Emotional Reactivity
- Learning to Act from your “Smart Brain” not your “Dumb Brain”
- Understanding Why Our Co-Parents Behave the Way They Do
- Now What? Living Our Lives to Benefit our Children
Questions or concerns? Don’t hesitate to call me: (916) 933 5011. I’m friendly!